Turmeric Sencha Green Tea
Slightly spicy and earthy. I started this blend because I wanted to drink my turmeric and though it is usually suggested that the spice be added to milk, I am still in the process of getting myself out of the habit of drinking milk.
There are several benefits of the Indian spice, turmeric, here is a list of five:
1. Cleans out your liver
2. Natural anti-flammatory
3. It's used in Chinese medicines to treat depression
4. It's thought to prevent and stop several cancers including breast cancer
5. Known as treatment for joint pains
And there are also several benefits of sencha Japanese green tea:
1. High in antioxidants
2. Helps prevent certain cancers
3. Quickens the metabolism and therefore assists in weight loss
4. known to prevent certain heart diseases
5. Helps slow aging of the body
I buy the loose sencha green tea and turmeric. You may use any infuser you care for. I use finum paper filters because I like the smooth finish. I don't like the granules of turmeric in my tea.
Here's how to make the Turmeric Sencha Green Tea:
1. Bring water to a rolling boil
2. Put a teaspoon of sencha green into filter
3. Add 1/3rd teaspoon of turmeric to tea or directly to the water
3. Steep tea for no more than three minutes if you don't like your tea strong. The nice thing about sencha green tea, in my opinion, is that it doesn't get bitter.
4. Your tea is ready! Drink about two cups a day if you can. And more of just the plain sencha tea. It's awesome for you!!